Applicant is required to submit one photo while applying for Chinese visa. In accordance with the instruction from the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the P.R. China, The following detailed requirements of the photo should be satisfied:
1. It must be a color photo, taken recently within the last 6 months.
2. Photo size: 48mmx33mm, width of head: 15mm to 22mm, head eight of head: 20mm to 33mm. Please refer to the picture below:
3. It should be easy to identify the applicant by the photo, While taking the photo, please face the camera with the entire head and face clearly visible. The facial expression should be neutral with eyes open, lips closed and ears visible. Head position: ≤20°left or right tilt, and ≤25°up or down tilt. There should be no extra movement or objects visible in the photo.
4. Facial features should be complete and clearly visible, with the head centered in the photo. Eyeglasses are allowed except thick-rimmed, tinted or glare glasses. Hat or other head wears are only permitted due to religious reasons, but any facial features should not be obscured.
5. There should be no damages or impurities on the photo, no permeation or shadow over the face. Photo should be in natural tone, but not over or under exposed, red-eyed or distorted.
6. Background should be in white or close to white, and with no edge frame. Photo with scene of everyday life is not accepeted.
7. Photo should be printed on glossy finish photo paper, but not on matte finish paper or plain paper, and should be stainless, scratchless or without any crease.
Please refer to the following image to check if your photo meets these requirements.
The above requirements take effect on 12 December 2016. Photos must meet strict requirements to be accepted with your visa application. Photos not meeting these requirements will be rejected, and your application will not be processed until an acceptable photo is received.